1. Is your breed good with kids and retired people? Poodles are the #1 most popular family dog. With Teddy Bear Poodles quickly becoming the most popular. Most people think they don’t look like Poodles at all. I have been breeding for over 30 yrs and I have heard more than once, usually from the man in the family, we are not getting a Poodle. Maybe it is because of the stigma that goes along with the weird hair doo for show Poodles or if it’s just the name I don’t know. But the miniature and Standard Poodles are one of the toughest dog you will ever own. With the toy poodle being the ultimate lap dog. If the Toy Poodle has not grown up around little children they might be sensitive to the fast movements or rough play of children, I recommend that you socialize your Toy Poodle from young puppies to enjoy children and not fear them. Let me tell you once you have owned a poodle you will never change breeds.
Now you can have the most intelligence, non-shedding, friendly, protective, loyal, easiest dog to train. Poodles can look like little teddy bears or in a more traditional cut will look more like a Poodle in the show ring.
Many breeds have well-known behavior issues. Notorious or inherited genetic disposition’s that can turn into destructive behavior which at least are annoying and may go as far as having to hire a professional behavior specialist for help. I have heard people say, is my dog ever going to grow up and out grow these bad habits? Poodles do not have any notorious/genetic bad habits. Some people refer to Poodles as having an old soul. They are wise and have good common sense from the start. Eight week old puppies are easily taught things because they want to please their owners. I often use the term people pleaser to describe my Poodles. Your Poodle will worship the ground you walk on.
I have found male Poodles are preferred over females when it comes to families. Male Poodles seem to like everyone in the family equally. Sometimes females will choose one person as their favorite to lavish their love on. Females can also fight with other females where males seem to get along with everyone.
Teddy bear poodles can look like puppies forever. The Teddy Bear is a special clip that you can request from your groomer. There are many different hair styles that you can put on a poodle because of the type of hair they have.
You can’t go wrong with the Poodle, if you are an inexperienced dog owner or have a busy life style with children the Poodle will be the perfect choice for you.
2. What is special about your breed? Poodles are the most intelligence, non-shedding, friendly, protective, loyal, easiest dog to train. Poodles can look like little teddy bears or in a more traditional cut will look more like a poodle in the show ring.
Many breeds have well-known behavior issues, often called the terrible 2′s. I have heard people say, is my dog ever going to grow up and out grow these bad habits? Poodles do not have any notorious/genetic bad habits. Some people refer to Poodles as having an old soul. They are wise and have good common sense from the start. Eight week old puppies are easily taught things because they want to please their owners, and are intelligent enough to focus on their owners and what they are saying. I have 6 week old puppies that watch and listen to everything I do often turning their head intently listening and learning, they are amazing. I often use the term people pleaser to describe my Poodles. They really worship the ground we walk on.
The miniature and Standard Poodles are one of the toughest dog you will ever own. With the toy poodle being the ultimate lap dog. Let me tell you once you have owned a poodle you will never change breeds.
3. What Dog Group does the poodle fall in? Teacup and Toy Poodles are in the toy group. Miniature and standard Poodles are in the Non-sporting group.
4. What do you breed? I breed Teacup Poodle, Toy Poodle and Teddy Bear Teacup and Toy Poodles.
5. How much exercise does your breed need daily? Depending on the size and temperament of your dog, Poodles, as do all breeds need outdoor exercise, if for nothing else to mentally stimulate them. One to two 15 minutes walks for the smaller ones and up long distance bike rides for the larger ones, and anything in between.
6. Does your breed shed? No.
7. Do you train your puppies or dogs, any suggestions for buyers? My puppies are all house broken using a Potty Park before they leave. Many people don’t have the patience or time it really takes to make the first few months of housebreaking quick and painless. So I do the training for you. If you are a first time dog owner, Poodles are perfect for you. Poodles are a people pleaser they want to be good and crave your approval. They are also a very clean dog.
8. Any notable predispositions with your breed? Poodle love everyone and are very smart don’t let them out smart you. Next thing you know they will have you trained.
9. Do you offer any Certifications related to combat genetic predispositions? Yes, science has identified many DNA markers to assist breeders in breeding the common genetic disease out of the breed. I do genetic testing on my adult breeding dogs to ensure to the best of my ability that your puppy has no genetic health issues. You can read my Puppy sales Contract to see health guarantee.
10. How long have you been breeding? A little over 30 yrs.
11. How many litters a year, do all your babies get attention? It is very important, especially with the Teacup poodles and toy poodles that they are socialized properly. Each stage of their life from birth is impressionable. I try to do everything for my puppies, so they will be adjusted. They are taught not to bark for attention, to lie calmly in your arms when you hold them. They go for short car rides, they are used to going outside, inside and walking on different textures. They are surrounded by all the normal household noises. And most importantly the weaning process is done slowly to ensure they don’t grow up with separation anxiety issues. I won’t have too many puppies at one time that they can’t all get the proper attention they require.
12. Do you Show, any events or activities? Yes I show in AKC confirmation classes and have many Champions. My dogs do therapy dog work in hospitals and retirement facilities. None my own personal dogs but many of my puppies have gone on to compete in obedience and agility trials. I even have some miniature poodles that can out hunt a Labrador Retriever.
13. Do you breed more than one breed? Yes I also breed Yorkshire Terriers.
14. Are all shots up to date when puppies are sold? Yes my puppies are current on vaccinations and worming.
15. Are your pets registered? My dogs are AKC registered.
16. Do you own the parents of the puppies sold, are they available to view? Yes I own the dogs I breed they are all considered my kids a part of my family. Most people request to see the parents. Which I appreciate a consumer educated and interested in the quality of the puppies, and where they come from.
17. Do you have a Contract? Yes my health guarantee and Puppies Sale Contract can be read online or emailed to you upon request.
18. Any guarantee? I have a complete guarantee. My puppies also go to the vet for regular well puppy exams. And you are given a copy of the vet report along with complete shot records. Please refer to my website.
19. Do you have any Client complaints not settled? No I am very honest with my buyers, to be certain they are getting what they want. I am not high pressure and never try to push a puppy on anyone. I have the best before, during and after customer service you could ask for.
20. Why do you think you are a 1st Class Breeder? I breed for the best quality Teacup poodle, Toy Poodle and Miniature Poodle possible. With great calm temperaments, correct confirmation, with beautiful thick curly coats and a gorgeous look. I do genetic health testing on my adult dogs to ensure they don’t carry genetic diseases.
Buying a puppy over the Internet can be a scary thing to do. But from my point of view it is just as scary selling to someone I have never met or seen. I have sold my puppies to many celebrities that have come to my home to pick up their new puppies. I have many testimonials on my face book page, Little Poodle, and on my website. I don’t think you could find a better bred, better raised puppy.
21. Tell us about your area where you pets are raised? My puppies are born next to my bed and many of them right in my hand. I consider my dogs my kids and they live with me like family, since I don’t have any human kids. They are loved, cuddled, and allowed to play in the great outdoor every day.
22. Tell us anything you want, we missed? I can say that you will be totally satisfied if you get a puppy from me. From the quality of my pups to the no pressure sales approach, to the variety of puppies I offer. The best before and after purchase service you can get.
23. Do you offer any pet supplies, products or service, what? Yes here at my place I have some puppy supplies for sale. I also sell the Potty Park at a discount here and on my website. If you click the Potty Park banner link you will save $10.00. I also have a complete list on my puppies for sale page of what I recommend you get for your puppy before you get it home.